We hold several events throughout the year including;
- For Christmas, Hogmanay, Guy Faux, Halloween, etc.
- Dave Gibb and other musicians, story teller (Daniel Allison - stories of natural Scotland),
- Pool competitions, Steak and Pint, Quiz nights, BBQ, Disco, Karaoke
- Gold panning weekend events - ceilidh, disco, Scottish breakfast, etc.
- Welcoming stop-offs by Bikers, 2CV touring, etc.
- Major sporting - big screen TV projector (Wimbledon 2013)
Alternatively, you might be happy with a drink, good food and a round or two of pool, or a bit of telly.
If you're about for the day, why not take in the Hidden Treasures Museum of Lead Mining and the Leadhills and Wanlockhead Railway? Visiting the museum, with it's miner's cottage, the mine, beam engine and library can be thirsty work and after a bracing ride on the narrow gauge railway, you'll work up an appetite for a pleasant evening at the Inn.
And with our location on the Southern Upland Way, our's is the perfectly placed watering hole of the Lowther Hills, for individuals and families travelling the way. There are great views to be had from Lowther Hill, home of the radar station and it's iconic "golf ball". Unfortunately, the "ball" has recently been lost in the rough, but there are still great views to be had, with the promise of refreshment in comfort when you return to Wanlockhead.